Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Sentimental


Tonight I talked to my sister who let me know my niece is having a performance tomorrow at her pre-school.  How time flies!  I remember helping my sis set up her nursery like it was just yesterday.  Which leads to my next creative idea for you mommies or over involved aunties (o;

A simple and creative way to bring sentiment and cute decor into your nursery is to hang some of your favorite cards.  With my nieces room, we simply hung a string, painted clothespins, and clipped up our favorite cards.  What's great about this is you can switch them out through the various seasons of the year and for birthdays.  Also, it's a sweet thing to look at in the wee hours of the night as you nurture that little one to remind yourself it's all worth it!

Another thing both my sister and good friend did is incorporate special themes and the use of the babies name throughout the room.  In this case, on the left is a picture painted by a friend with a bible verse that was near and dear to the families heart for their daughter.  To make your own use children's books or internet images to find pictures (tracing is NOT against the rules).  Next to the watercolor, is the baby's name painted to match the room decor.  Simply paint them, find cute ribbon, and glue stick them on.  We glued cute buttons on as an accent. Letter's were from Michael's Crafts.  A bargain way to save on this project is to ask friends to save the coupon and each buy a letter.  Why not incorporate painting a letter into your shower to make each letter extra special!



No comments:

Post a Comment